Thanks for having me here in this auspicious corner of blogland, Michele! Every visit to Michele Made Me is an inspiring adventure in clever crafting and writing – I’m so happy to be here.
- 1 long denim skirt
- 1/2m cotton fabric for backing
- approximately 2 m of double-fold quilt binding (this is a 2 1/4″ strip of fabric, folded in half wrong sides along the length) OR one package of double-fold bias tape.
- batting scrap approx. 22″ x 12″
- rotary cutting equipment and shears
- sewing machine, jeans/denim needle for your machine & walking foot if you’ve got one
- coordinating thread (I use Mettler quilting weight cotton in colour #830 to hem all my jeans as it seems to be a close match to the standard yellowish jean thread.)
- ruler, fabric marking pen, safety pins, straight pins