I don’t know if you noticed but Blogger installed a brand new two-word verification on all Blogspot blogs lately. Yip. EE. I don’t know when it happened exactly but I DO NOT like it. Funny thing is, I had disabled word-verification eons ago but upon further investigation, I noticed that it had been RE-enabled without my consent. How did that happen, I wonder… The only thing I can think of is maybe when Blogger made recent changes to the comments section, they must have reset it to the default setting or something… Who knows. I don’t pretend to understand the collective mind of Blogger.
In any case, I re-disabled the word-verification. So I wanted to know if it was actually really, truly, and completely gone… Let me know will you? ‘Cause I have no way of double-checking from my end…
Now, if the new word-verification happens to irk you as much as it does me (it sends me squarely round the bend) you too can disable it.
Here’s what you do:
1. [Skip to step 2 if you’re still using the old Blogger interface.]
Edited to Add 24 Sept 2012:
You CAN now turn off two-word verification in the new interface. Here’s how:
1. Click “settings” from within your dashboard.
2. Click “posts and comments”.
3. Adjust “comment moderation” settings to your liking.
Thanks for updating me, Jelli. ♥M
If you’re using the new Blogger interface you first have to get back to the old interface because, for some reason, these settings cannot be found in the new one. Hrm. So, find your way to the old interface by going to the new dashboard. In the upper right hand corner of your screen you’ll see a little icon that looks like a gear. Click the icon and this drop-down menu will appear immediately below it:
2. Click on “Old Blogger interface”. This brings you back to a sweet and simpler time… Now click on the settings for the blog in question:
3. And then select the Comments tab.
4. Scroll down the page to “Show word verification for comments?” and click “NO”. Obviously. Not even a question.
5. Briefly celebrate. And then quickly hit “Save Settings” at the bottom of the page.
Aaaah yesssss… Not even a craft but still most satisfying. Everything is right with my bloggy world again. You should now be word-verification-less… Blissdom!… Okay well, you have a lovely weekend and I’ll be back soon.
Edited to Add 28 Feb 2012: HERE‘s another very thorough post by Hilary about the new word-verification. Thanks Hilary!