Here we have the paint colours for The Boy’s bedroom. The colour pendulum has swung 180〫from warm-slash-dark to cool-slash-light!
Aside from choosing paint colours, what have we done so far?
1) Lo gave the ceiling a single coat of white.
2) I sanded, primed, and painted the trim twice in your basic white. That was a job I did NOT find the joy in, I tell you. I looked for it too. But dang it, it was nowhere! Thankfully, I’m on the other side of it now so we’re all good.
3) After much research, Lo installed an outlet in the closet. He had to cut through the drywall to do it but managed with minimal damage. I applied several coats of drywall mud to the area in question and sanded the Dickens out of it. You can’t even tell anything was done there. Thing of beauty!
4) Patched all holes in walls with drywall mud. Sanded, dusted and washed the walls.
5) The Boy and I decided to tape off some areas of the window wall for a touch of fun. The idea being that the original red colour would show through in stripes when the tape was removed. Here’s a peek at the effect…
6) Given the darkness of the previous colour, we had no choice but to prime the walls before painting. I cut in the primer and Lo rolled it on.
7) I was relieved to finally cut in the actual fancy-named paint, “Beige Chanterelle” of which we applied two coats. Lo rolled it on. Unsure of it at first, I am liking it more now but still getting used to it. Thank Pete, it’s about 4 million times better than red and orange.
8) I painted the closet in “Vienna Lake“, a colour The Boy chose. Here’s a glimpse of all the colours playing together…